The Ministry of National Security says it has lifeguards on duty at ten beaches between 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
These beaches are Maracas Bay, Tyrico Bay, Las Cuevas, Salybia, Toco, Mayaro, Manzanilla, Los Iros, Vessigny and Quinam.
The Ministry of National Security says the public should utilize these beaches only when a professional Lifeguard is present.
BEACH GOERS SHOULD ALSO FOLLOW THESE TIPS TO ENSURE THEIR SAFETY:
- Make sure that lifeguards can see you in the water.
- Don’t go into the water if you've consumed alcohol.
- Don't bathe directly in front of a red flag.
- Never go swimming alone.
- Don't go beyond waist-high water if you cannot swim.
- Don't panic if you get into difficulty, get on your back and float or wave your hands to attract attention.
- If you see someone in difficulty alert the Lifeguards. Don't endanger your life by getting into the water.
- Cooperate with lifeguards.
- And parents take responsibility for your family.