The vessel was withdrawn to allow for an update on certification for operation. The Port Authority confirmed that the document had been handed over to them, thus allowing them to sail at 2 the afternoon.
The boat will sail again on Sunday morning at 9:30am from Tobago and will leave Trinidad to go back to Tobago at 2pm. Sailings are also carded for 6:30 am on Monday from Tobago and 2pm from Trinidad.
The Port Authority has advised however that there will be no sailings on Tuesday, February 20th, as wave heights are predicted to be in excess of 3 metres.
The Port says the situation will be monitored and the public will be advised accordingly.
Also, for the duration that the T&T Express ferry service was down, government transported ferry passengers with confirmed tickets by air, via the Caribbean Airlines. Works and Transport Minister revealed on Friday that this cost the state half a million dollars.
While some see the bill as wastage by the government, one passenger who sailed to Tobago on Saturday on board the T&T Express sees it differently.
Speaking to CNews off camera, truck driver Anthony Thomas, who said he travels between both islands quite frequently, commended the government for their efforts. He thinks the plague of issues facing the ferry service is more of a 'management' problem
A new ferry Galleons Passage is due to make its way to Trinidad and Tobago soon.
On February 16th the vessel purchased by the government at $120 million, was due to leave China to sail across the Pacific Ocean and through the Panama Canal en route to this country, however that arrangement was postponed by the celebration of the Chinese New Year on Friday.